Year 7 Scholarship Opportunities
Rochedale State High School will be introducing scholarship opportunities in 2021. The bursary will support successful students through their Year 7 and 8 studies. Students will need to have demonstrated a commitment to their studies as exemplified by strong academic excellence. Students will also need to demonstrate an ability to contribute to the school culture and a willingness to adhere to the school values of Participation, Openness, Integrity, Success and Equality.
To be considered for a bursary, candidates are required to:
- Submit a portfolio demonstrating academic achievements and contributions to school life through leadership, sporting, or cultural pursuits.
- Provide Semester 1 and Semester 2 school reports for Year 5 and Year 6 Interim report if applicable.
- Have maintained a GPA of 4.5 or higher (based on a 5 point scale: A – E) in Mathematics, Science, English and Humanities for the two Semesters of Year 5 reporting.
- Write a 200 - 250 word statement, outlining why they want to enrol at Rochedale State High School and how they will contribute to the school community.
NOTE: Original documents should not be included in portfolios. The portfolio should be concise and be formatted to A4 size.
All application documents need to be submitted at the time of the enrolment interview. These documents must be separate to those required for the normal enrolment process at Rochedale State High School.
There will be a second round of scholarship applications in Term 4 based on Yr. 6 Semester 1 and Semester 2 reports. All applications will need to be submitted to the school, by Wednesday December 8, 2021.
How are Year 7 Scholarships determined?
- Scholarships are selected by a committee, comprised of members of the Junior Secondary Leadership Team.
- All deliberations are private and confidential.
- The Principal will review committee recommendations and will have the final say on all scholarship winners. No correspondence will be entered into, once the decisions have been made.
Responsibility of Rochedale State High School Scholarship
Selected students are expected and encouraged to become leaders.
Students are expected to participate in school events and maintain the school's high standards of attendance, dress and behaviour.
Rochedale State High School reserves the right to terminate this agreement at any time should the student's behaviour and performance become unacceptable.